What exactly does Commercial Moving Entail?
If you’re moving from condo to condo, house to house, it is typical to take a more DIY approach, as this is easier, your things are smaller, and they may be easier to pack. But in an office where you have furniture and equipment that may be fragile, expensive, or worse, bulky! Then there’s the question of how to get them from the top floor into a truck.
Because of these woes, Commercial Moving Services usually have teams with specialized tools to move bulky office equipment, as well as large trucks that are required to get the job done.
Moving Office Equipment
Have you ever thought of how you can actually move office equipment from one office location to another? Moving a desktop computer from one table to another is already a hard enough task, imagine having to move 20 units!
From hand trucks to ramps, blankets to protect your furniture, bubble wrap, cable ties, ropes and all things in between, a Profession Moving Company is sure to have all these and more!
Our professional moving team at People-Move Moving are experts in the art of packing/unpacking, organizing, and moving. With us, there is no doubt that your office equipment stays safe and intact.
Sofas, conference tables, book cabinets, shelves, even pool tables! How about those files, certificates, frames, artwork, etc. Offices normally have a lot of these bulky items and more.
Be sure to list them all down, especially those fragile items or bulky ones, and give this list to moving companies and have them explain how these things will be cared for. It’s important that if you want to transfer a grand piano from one office to another, the piano stays in pristine condition all throughout the journey.
At People-Move Moving, our trained, experienced, and professional commercial moving team is trained and equipped with the skills to pack and unpack all fragile items in a fast and easy manner, to ensure that your office downtime is very minimal.
Manpower and Packing
Our team at People-Move Moving is experienced in the art of packing/unpacking, organizing, and moving – both for residential and commercial moves. Whether a small business or a large company, business moving requires an efficient plan for a quick pack-and-move process. Our trained, experienced, and professional commercial moving team is trained and equipped with the skills to keep your moving experience fast and easy.
Local or Long Distance Moves
Whether you’re moving offices on the same floor, building or state, or moving across the country for a change of scenery, People-Move Moving is here to get the job done for you. It may seem that long-distance moves are more stressful, but they contain the exact same components as a local move; it’s only the transit time that will be a little longer.
We also have a warehouse and storage units you can utilize during the move! Talk to our professional movers to know what you need to make the move.
Our team of professional moves has come up with a list of tips to plan, organize and handle an office move:
- Plan Ahead. We know it’s not always the case, but if it’s possible, plan several months ahead. That way, you can take your time to take inventory of all the things that need to move and make sure your new office is even better than the old one.
- Discuss with your Team. All employees need to know about the move. They’ll need time to make life-changing decisions about their job status, as well as make plans for their move.
- Make a list. Of everything that needs to be moved, or disposed of. Of all the things you still need to do. You can never go wrong when you have a list prepared.
- Downsize. What you don’t need, you can get rid of. Only move what is necessary.
- Invest in proper supplies. It’s important to invest in proper packing supplies right from the beginning. Moving doesn’t have to be super expensive when it comes to supplies. Don’t go over the stop with expensive items. Instead, ensure you have the essentials like cardboard boxes. zip bags, bubble wrap, tape, and markers for labeling.
- Having IT scout the place out. We’re pretty sure the internet is vital to every office, so this needs to be settled before the move!
- Food and drinks. This is something that can be overlooked at times. With everyone busy with their respective roles, it’s easy to forget that we’re all human and we need sustenance to get our bodies moving.
- Hire a professional moving company that is capable of catering to every single one of your needs. One with an amazing reputation and provides excellent service.
People-Move Moving fully understands that your business needs to have little to no downtime during the moving process. We guarantee the lowest amount of down time to no downtime regardless of the office space area.
We are a full-service moving company licensed throughout Kentucky and Indiana including the Louisville and Indianapolis areas. We strive to continuously provide our customers with an exceptionally high-level service geared directly around quality. It’s our top priority to ensure that our customers are happy with our services and workers.